POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 11 Jul 2002 03:21:14
Message: <3d2d31ea@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG.1796fc5ab659676e98970f@news.povray.org> , Lutz-Peter Hooge
<lpv### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> If you want maximum compatibility, breaking standards is not a good idea.

Wrong!  Any I already outlined why this is a bad idea in the last paragraph
of the message you replied to.

> (you use CSS anyway - so why is that font element in there anyway?).

You know, there are browsers that for one reason or the other do not support
style-sheets but do support table and background colors...

Anyway, I will end the discussion about the HTML used on povray.org here and
now.  The site is the way it is for reasons I have made clear and which are
perfectly logical.  If you don't like the HTML of the site, fine, that is
your opinion.  Just don't expect anybody else to agree.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.